Business professional with over 15 years experience in hardware, software and web. I am currently interested in project/program portfolio management and working on this at Autodesk as Chief of Staff for the manufacturing group.
- Directed 5 hardware product launches, over the past four years.
- Ran 2 Kickstarter campaigns raising over $280k.
- Exhibited internationally at over 50 trade shows.
Program management, Portfolio management, Business development, evangelization, marketing management, project management, business strategy
MonkeyLectric LLC, Berkeley California – Manufacturer of the world’s most incredible bicycle wheel lights.
Director of Sales and Business Development / Partner | 2011 – present
Sales management and business development
- Created an international distribution network in 20+ countries
- Brought in and managed key accounts including REI, Amazon, Woot.com and QBP.
- Directed B2C online sales and B2B sales to over 300 independent bicycle dealer accounts.
- Consistently exceeded sales goals with a 5x increase in sales over 4 years.
- Managed pre-order and backorder list generating over $500k in pre-orders.
- Developed yearly marketing plan including product launches for five new products.
- Created marketing materials including videos photos, web resources and sales materials driving sales and up to 600k page views in a single day.
- Led two Kickstarter campaigns raising over $280k.
- Exhibited at five tradeshows annually including shows in Germany and the UK.
Customer service management
- Established customer service procedures deploying ZenDesk.
- Hired and trained customer service representatives and shipping team.
Lorem.cc, São Paulo Brazil
A boutique creative agency focused on branding consulting and campaign planning for companies based in São Paulo, Brazil.
Director of Planning | 2010 – 2011
- Developed relationships with other agencies and created presentations for RFP pitches.
- Created marketing strategies integrating work from the creative team with actionable marketing tactics.
- Facilitated branding exercises with clients and in house creative team to ensure that all materials made are on message, saving time, money and building confidence.
- Managed approved projects ensuring adherence to schedule and budget.
InvistaSim, IdealInvest, X-Lab, Imprimax, Bolinhos Spinelli, Discovery Brazil
PLIMX (now SitePX), São Paulo, Brazil
A fully hosted environment for creating websites for small businesses in Brazil.
Director of Business Development and Marketing | 2009 – 2010
- Planned marketing strategy for the small business product.
- Actively pursued clients and managed accounts.
- Led the design of the front conversion funnel for the small business service.
Dominion Media – YachtWorld.com and Boats.com, Seattle Washington –The premier online listing service for brokerage yachts and used boats.
Evangelist and Marketing Manager | 2007 – 2009
- Created and executed the annual marketing plan, contracting and managing 3rd party service providers and tracking ROI.
- Developed strategic partnership with industry associations.
- Established a seminar program to teach clients the use of the tools provided and generate sales.
- Tactics used: events, lectures, print advertisement, user forum, search engine marketing, PR, sales collateral, newsletters, and email marketing.
Regional Sales Manager | 2006-2007
- Prospected and closed online advertising agreements with boat dealers and yacht brokers.
- Met and exceeded sales goals with cold calling and using direct email marketing and fax based sales promotions.
- Managed SalesForce CRM.
Active Duck , Port Townsend, Washington – Small business web design
Partner | 2005-2006
- Prospected and closed new clients.
- Created and negotiated project proposals and development agreements.
- Designed and created websites, outsourcing backend programming to team in Brazil.
- Languages: English (fluent), French(conversational), Portuguese (fluent), Spanish (conversational)
- Programming: html (basic), css (basic), php (basic)
- Software: Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, Final Cut, Salesforce, Insightly, Zendesk, Basecamp, OmniPlan.
- Project Management: Agile and traditional environments
Bard College at Simon’s Rock – BA Political Science | 1996-2000
Camiño de Santiago 800km, John Muir Trail 350km, complete refit and restoration of 30ft catamaran, lived and worked on four continents.